5 reasons to attend New Richmond’s River Days
- Parade– On Friday Aug. 19, River Days will kick off their festival with a parade, and who doesn’t love a good parade? The parade starts at 7:00pm and the streets of New Richmond will be packed with residents and visitors alike as it is expected to last 45-60 minutes long. The parade will begin on the west side of town and work its way to the fan stand along the river. At the conclusion of the parade the weekend festival will begin and live music will cap off the evening.
- Cardboard Boat Regatta– On Saturday Aug. 20, New Richmond will host their 24th annual cardboard boat regatta. You read that right, boats made out of cardboard. For years people have been building and designing boats made out of cardboard and then racing them in this competition. Last year 70 boats were entered into the contest and they are expecting more this year. Awards are presented to the fastest single and multi-crew boats for adult and youth along with creative design awards and the most popular people’s choice awards. This event has been described as “The world’s top cardboard boat race, teams converge to compete for bragging rights in the weirdest, wildest and wackiest competition.” You won’t want to miss this. Racing starts at 1pm.
- Firework Show– Everyone loves a good firework show and this one is expected to top them all! New Richmond is doubling the firework display which means double the fun! Expect for a long show and a colorful sky on top of a beautiful river front.
- Live Music and Blue Glass Festival– Let’s face it, everyone loves good live music, and if you love Blue Grass music, River Days will have the show for you. There will be a variety of bands performing throughout the weekend including 2nd Time Around, East Fork Junction, Night Flyers and many more. Music will run on the main stage all weekend long and is expected to draw a big crowd in.
- Food, Games, Rides and Gambling Tents– Lastly, and arguably most importantly, the food, rides and games at River Days will create a fun and energetic environment that we all love on our weekends. Expect over 20 food vendors, over 30 craft vendors and countless kids rides and gambling tents. You are sure to find something for the whole family to do during your time at River Days.