About the job
Overview: The Events Manager is responsible for organizing and managing all aspects of events that are secured by the CVB, as well as supporting organizations bringing social events, meetings, sporting events, etc., into the county. This position is also responsible for the maintenance and oversight of the rowing facility and CVB-owned equipment at East Fork State Park as outlined below.
Reports to: CVB President
- Act as lead event manager and responsible for logistics management for all events secured by the CVB. This will mainly be in the form of rowing regattas/championships and canoe and kayak competitions, but may include other sports competitions, meetings or conventions or events in which the CVB is contracted to manage the event.
- Provide support to organizations bringing events into the county by helping to secure volunteers and/or other services needed. Be on site at the event to ensure operation goes smoothly and/or troubleshoot and assist should problems arise.
- Maintain rowing facility (old and new boathouse buildings and smaller storage shed) at East Fork State Park, including, but not limited to, making regular checks on the facility to check for vandalism, weather damage, pest control and proper operation of the security system.
- Maintenance and set up/storage of all CVB-owned equipment located at East Fork State Park, including, but not limited to, the eight (8) wakeless launches and trailers, start dock, start tower pontoon, finish line judges stand, event signage and all stored operational equipment. Events Manager will be responsible for hauling launches/trailers for repairs, properly cleaning all boats and equipment and coordinating the efforts of volunteers in the set up and storage of the equipment each event year.
- Responsible for assisting the Director of Sales in updating the list of vendor contacts, facility managers, and/or CVB sports clients as well as add new contacts within Simpleview CRM database.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of work experience (preferably in event management)
- Working knowledge of the Clermont County area, including hotels, tourist attractions, restaurants and events, with the ability and desire to learn more
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent public speaking, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- Knowledge of boats and familiarity with rowing or water sports.
- Some non-traditional hours required for events, meetings, or event management.
- Use of personal vehicle to drive between work sites as needed
- Overnight travel and weekends may be required
- Part-time, hourly position (most hours in late spring/summer)
- Mileage reimbursement
Please send resumes to Jeff Blom- email@example.com