Schoolhouse Restaurant

The Camp Dennison School was built in 1864 after the conclusion of the Civil War and was occupied from 1870 – 1952 as part of the Hamilton County School District. It was one of the first 2 room, 2 story brick schools built in the Midwest. Grades 1-4 were in the current kitchen and grades 5-8 are in the current dining room. The second story contained the Principal’s office, used as our bar for special events, and the Auditorium / theater stage / gymnasium, now available for special events. The last class graduated from The Camp Dennison School in 1952 and the students were relocated to the new Drake School in the Indian Hill School District. The Camp Dennison School was purchased by Donald & Phyllis Miller in 1961, which saved the school from being demolished. The Miller family; Chris, Jeff, Pam and Beth now proudly own and operate The Schoolhouse Restaurant and General Store. Their hope is that families and friends can get together and enjoy each other’s company without the outside world’s interference, enjoying a moment in history when things were simpler. Take a walk around the property, visit The General Store, hang out with the goats & geese, grab a bench and enjoy the view.


8031 Glendale Milford Rd.
Camp Dennison, OH 45111
map it

Contact Info

Phone: (513) 831-5753