Convention & Visitors Bureau Receive Marketing Awards
CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU RECEIVE MARKETING AWARDS
Columbus, Ohio. The Ohio Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus (OACVB) held its 23nd Annual STAR Awards Luncheon before their September Board Meeting in Columbus, Ohio on Thursday, September 16th, 2021. At the luncheon, STAR Awards were presented for destination marketing and tourism development efforts in ten different categories.
The Clermont County Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) won the most STAR Awards in the CVB budget size of $400,000 to $999,999. The Clermont County CVB won a total of nine STAR Awards. The CVB won first place STAR Awards in the following categories:
- Blog: Top 10 Trails for Social Distancing
- Brochure/Rack Card: Discover Clermont Meeting and Sports Planning Guide
- COVID-19 Response Marketing: Shop Clermont Savings Pass
- Marketing Campaign: Discover Clermont Visitor Email
- Promotional Video/Commercial: Discover Clermont Group Tour Video
- Specialty Marketing: Cincy East Bikes, Brews & BBQ Trail
The Clermont County CVB also received second place awards for:
- Marketing Campaign: Discover Clermont Industry Insider Email
- Print Advertisement: Explore a New Trail
- Social Media Campaign: Chicago Cubs at Cincinnati Reds Ticket Giveaway
“We are thrilled and honored to receive so much recognition from OACVB for our marketing efforts at the Clermont County CVB. Our staff has worked with much passion, energy and dedication in developing our new branding and incorporating it into all of our marketing initiatives. It is nice for our young marketing staff, Sarah Gleason and Alexis McKinley, to see the fruits of their labor. We have a great team.” shared Jeff Blom, President of the Clermont County CVB.
The OACVB STAR Awards (“State Tourism Achievement Recognition”) honor outstanding efforts by Ohio Convention & Visitor Bureaus in their work to market and promote their area destinations and to generate overall awareness of the tourism industry. Recipients were honored for their innovation, creativity, effectiveness and impact in travel and tourism marketing and advertising.
Convention and Visitors Bureaus are best described as destination marketing organizations and are responsible for promoting travel and tourism product awareness to visitors. Many outstanding marketing projects were submitted for the annual awards competition. Being recognized for a job well-done in the promotion of travel and tourism throughout the state of Ohio is a highly valued achievement.